Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solar cell measure

Dear NI

I have the compactRio and am helping my friend with his solar project. 

We are new to the system but want to show its usefulness by measuring a solar cell. 

We are wondering if there is any place on the website where we can download VI's?

We are looking for, if possible, the code to download onto the rio so that we can test a solar cell e.g. power output, available.

thanks you

John

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,724 Views)

Dear John,

I hope you are doing fine. Thank you for contacting National Instruments. Can you please be more specific what cRIO modules have you got and what kind of measurements do you want to perform ?

Please click here to find an example code written for IV measurements but please bear in mind that the code has been written for PXI-4130 not cRIO. LabVIEW also provides Toolkit for I-V Characterization of Photovoltaic Cells. Please click here to visit the toolkit page.

You will find the following links helpful as well

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=80&requireLogin=False&thread.id=414

If you give more specific information about what kind of hardware you are using and what kind of measurements are you looking at, I will be in better position to help you.

Best regards,

Fawad Nisar
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,697 Views)

Hi. Wow thanks for that. It is exactly what I was after.Do you have this in a format suitable for the c-rio??

I have all the main modules. Which module would the wires from a solar cell connect to?

Sorry, I am not an electrical engineer.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,695 Views)

I wanted to measure the power available from each of the solar banks.

But the I-V characterisation, what i saw from the screenshot, looks ideal. 

I hope the coding is available for the c-rio..

regards

John

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,694 Views)

Dear John,

I hope you are doing fine. Thank you for your reply.

You wrote: I have all the main modules. Which module would the wires from a solar cell connect to?

Can you be please more specific about that? Like what are the numbers written on your cRIO modules? Also are you familiar with LabVIEW programming environment?

Best regards,

Fawad Nisar
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,675 Views)