Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up RAD to image the cRIO-9068

I am trying to set up the Replication and Deployment (RAD) Utility to image a fleet of cRIO-9068's running the following software:

NI CompactRIO 15.0 - August 2015

CompactRIO Support 15.0
LabVIEW Real-Time 15.0.0
NI System Configuration Remote Support 15.0.0
NI-RIO 15.0
Run-Time Engine for Web Services 15.0.0
SSL Support for LabVIEW RT 15.0.0
WebDAV Server 15.0.0

I am currently running Win7 Professional, 64-bit. The technicians installing the software will likely have Win8 or Win10 machines. 

Reading through the Overview and User Guide section, I'm a little confused regarding what to expect from a compatibility standpoint. I have downloaded RAD Utility 16.0.0. Since I use the FPGA on these systems, I also clicked the link to download the NI-RIO driver, which is where I'm going a bit astray. Is this software meant to be installed on the laptop deploying an image to the controller, or the controller itself? The only reason I ask is because I don't see NI RIO 15.0 above for download to anything other than a Linux machine. The cRIO is Linux-based, so I assumed maybe that's what it meant. Nothing for a Win machine, however. Hopefully this doesn't imply than Windows machines can't deploy to Linux RIOs. I'm also curious if there will be any version compatibility issues using RAD 16.0.0 to deploy applications developed in LV 2015 Pro.

Thanks,

R

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,717 Views)

You'll need to install the RIO driver to the deployment machine--the NI-RIO driver used to contain all the drivers for everything RIO, but the drivers split a few years ago. Now there's specific downloads for cRIOs, R-Series cards, etc, and to make it easier I've linked the cRIO 15.0 driver  here. I don't foresee any difficulties with the compatibility off the bat!

Claire M.
Technical Support
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Message 2 of 3
(2,667 Views)

This is what I ended up doing and seems to have worked thus far. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,657 Views)