Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save settings between Calls

Hi,

I'm quite new to LabView and atm I'm designing a Measurement-System on a PXI System with a FlexRIO- and a R-Series-Board.

Currently I write the settings (like Sample Rate, ROI of the camera, thresholds etc)of each VI in ONE big .ini-File with help of the Config File VIs and load them again on Startup.

Is there a more elegant way to keep the settings between the startups of the system?

Would it be better to give every "Main"-VI an own Config File (about 5-6)?

Thanks in advance,

Tobias

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,904 Views)

Hi Tobias,

When splitting up the file to different ones and you don't load them all at the same time, you might get a little better performance for the load times.

Another reason to split them up is to get a better usability since the information of a particular part of your application is in a dedicated ini file, e.g. one for all the vision paramters, one for general settings, and so on.

Btw. do you even need to have the parameters in the ini file, do they need to be changed? Maybe you can use constants instead.

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,880 Views)

Thanks for the feedback, Christian!

I wrote a FGV which gets initialized with the .ini File on Startup and writes the .ini again when the system gets shut down, so performance on load is not that problematic.

The whole system will stay in development for a long time, so I want to stay flexible with SampleRate etc.

I've seen a library in OpenG which can save and load the whole frontpanel in a Config File. I haven't used OpenG so far, and dont know about the license stuff if I use it for Systems which will be sold with our machines.

Has anyone experience with this?

Thanks in advance,

Tobias

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,862 Views)