From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMB Connector D I/O on cRIO 9014

The manual states:
"The software that supports GPS drift-correction and other digital I/O through the SMB connector was not available when this manual was published. Please contact National Instruments for more information"

Through my project explorer I do not see any way to programmatically control the output of the SMB connector on the cRIO.
I only require one Digital Output line and would like to use this connector.

Is the trigger on the cRIO-9014 usable at this time?

Best regards,
William
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,753 Views)

Hi William,

I'm happy to say that the SMB connector on the cRIO-9012 and 9014 can now be used as a digital I/O line.  VIs to set, get, read, and write the SMB pin mode, along with example code, are attached in "901x SMB 8.2.zip."  You can ignore the search for vx_exec.out when opening the examples. 

The KnowledgeBase article Using the SMB Connector for Digital I/O on cRIO-901x Controllers provides more details on drift correction if you decide to someday use the SMB pin for that purpose. 

Jennifer R.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 2 of 5
(4,738 Views)

Excellent.

This will do just what I require.

Thank you,

William

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,725 Views)
Hi,
How can I use the SMB connector of 9014 in LabView 8.5? These vi's do not work without vx_exec.out.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,318 Views)

Hi,

Please create a new thread for this post--this thread is no longer in use. Also, please refer to the knwoledgebase article referred to by Jen R. It tells you about how to deal with vx_exec.out. you basically need to ignore that item in the search.

Ipshita C.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,283 Views)