Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBRio network problem

Hello everyone,

I have 5 SBRIO- Cards (SBRio 9636). I want to use them in our Campus- network, but I have problems to configure them.

The main problem is, that no netrwork LED is on, when I plug in the network- cable.

The first board, had the same problem, and I was playing with a lot of things for days and than it ran, everything was fine. But I have no idea, what the thing was to get the board running.

I don't want to have the same trouble with the second one.

When I plug the second board to a local router everything seems to be o.k.

I can see it in the local network, but when I plug it to the campus network the LAN- LED's stay dark.

Has anyone tips for me?

Greeting, Ruediger

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,833 Views)

Hi Ruediger

In page 48 of the manual there are some troubleshooting steps that you could try.

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/373378d.pdf

Let me know if that didn't work 🙂

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,810 Views)

Hi MhM4054

things are more complicated.

I wanted to see what is going on, by watching the COM1 port. But, as I only have USB- ports on my computer, I used a USB serial adaprter. Whith using Putty I was not able to see any comunication.

But using this Cable had one side- effect.

I could get the communitcation running when I do the following:

*pressing the RESET- button for 5 secs with COM- cable connected and Network cable in.

*waiting for the LED to flash 3 times

*unplugging the serial- cable starts the network activity, but there is not correct IP- address

*doing this 3 steps a secnod time

and then

*pressing the RESET- button short with the serial cable in and removing it.

Now the board is pingable and has the right IP

BUT if I boot the board once more, it is not using the network adapter anymore, all the network lights are dark.

What might be the reason for this behavior and what is the soulution.

Best regards, Ruediger

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,774 Views)