cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBRio has a different RealTime Vesion

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am using Labview 2012 and have to stay with this Version for a while.

So on my computer there is the Real Time Version 12.0.0.

Now I have a SBRio Board with the Real Time Version 13.0.0.

Is it possible to "downgrade" the SBRio to Version 12.0.0.

Or what is the best way to get out of trouble?

Thank, Ruedi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,512 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ruedi

Hi Ruedi,

Yes, you can downgrade the software currently on your sbRIO. Since you have LabVIEW RT 12.0.0, you can open MAX and expand Remote Systems. Find your controller, and expand that as well (see picture below). From there, you can right-click on Software and select Add/Remove Software. In the below example, I have LabVIEW RT 13.0.1 on my cRIO controller, but I have LabVIEW RT 12.0.1 on my development computer -- this is a problem. To fix this, I can simply select the version of LabVIEW RT compatible with my development computer (which gets automatically populated in the window). Once you are finished configuring your software, it will push the software to your sbRIO. I hope this helps!

pic1.PNG

pic2.PNG

Tannerite
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,510 Views)

Thanks, Tannerite

it helped a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,491 Views)

Hi

I am now doing the reverse thing. I am using Labview 2013. But the Labview real-time module is 8.6. So i would like to upgrade it. So Do I need to remove the labview real-time 8.6 first then install labview real-time 13?  If so, how do i deleted the 8.6 first. I saw the same picture like yours too, but i cant find the button to remove. Can you help to solve it? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,173 Views)

I am stupid. I found it just underneath. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,172 Views)