Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBRIO not showing up in max

Hello, I just got a SBRIO yesterday, i connected it to the power supply and all as said in the user manual, Its not appearing in the max under the remote systems. Now the status LED blinks between 2 sec delay. i have installed real time module, NI RIO.3.0 , FPGA module. Still i am not able to get it recognized in lab view!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,370 Views)

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B9571226E90A0ECE86256FDB00681951?OpenDocument

this would help.

try booting it in safe mode.

Also, set the ip address reset button ON to set the ip address to 0.0.0.0. You need to make sure that the sbRIO and your computer are on the same subnet.

.......^___________________^
....../ '---_BOT ____________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,345 Views)
I had the same problem! The SBRIO will configure if you try installing NI RIO driver 3.2.1, instead of the 3.0 drivers. That worked for me!! Also Vista seems to be a bit of a crunch, Windows Xp based OS would respond with less complications
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,336 Views)
What kind of network configuration are you using.  Are you using a switch, crossover cable, dhcp network?  Try turning off your pc firewall.  If connected to a network, make sure you are on the same subnet.
SteveA
CLD

-------------------------------------
FPGA/RT/PDA/TP/DSC
-------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,332 Views)

I believe blissful brings up a good point regarding the version of RIO driver.  I had a similar problem with a cRIO-9074, and found out that I needed a newer version of the NI-RIO.

According to this page, you should have minimum of LabVIEW 8.5.1, FPGA 8.5.1, Real-Time 8.5.1 and NI-RIO 2.4.  But note that a number of regular cRIO controllers require NI-RIO 3.2.1, perhaps your sbRIO should be on the list as well.

If you are already at 8.5.1, 8.6 or 2009, you should be covered, but I would install the latest version of NI-RIO (3.2.1) from here on a test computer to see if that's the issue.  Sometimes these documents don't get updated correctly or as quickly as we'd like. 😉

I'll bet a candy bar or an apple that the latest version of NI-RIO solves your issue.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,316 Views)
Yeah thank you installing the new driver solved my problem.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,298 Views)