Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running out of disk space - /tmp folder full on cRIO -9022

Good morning,

I have a problem with the cRIO-9022. I am running out of disk space. It has 1.9GB in total and more than 1.7GB are used by lvlogXXX.....txt files in the /tmp folder (some files are several hundred MB). Is it save to delete these files? Is the OS not taking care of these files?

I am running LV 2011 with "NI-RIO 4.0 - August 2011" on the cRIO system. Any suggestions what I can do?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,961 Views)

I would copy all those files (or the folder) via ftp to your desktop in case it contains "important" troubleshooting information, but I know you can delete that folder without any aparant ill effect. The controller will re-create the folder on next boot and start putting files back in there, but at least it will solve your immidiate problem. 

I too was under the imrpession that this folder was managed by the OS... considering NI has articles about wear leveling and the health of the SSD, having such a folder grow like that seems pretty bad. That said, I have seen sometimes hundreds of files in my temp folder, but none as big as you describe. I clean the folder out from time to time and always prior to deployment. 

QFang
-------------
CLD LabVIEW 7.1 to 2016
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,931 Views)

Hi QFang,

sorry for my late answer. I have been on a long vacation and a business trip. But now I am back and checked the log files in more detail. Each log file starts with a header as given below and then there are several thousand lines each one stating the same error as given in the last three line below.

Maybe someone has an idea how to avoid this error and these big files. I think the problem occurs when I try to write large sets of measurement data to the ssd disk.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Best regards

Andy

From the Logfile:

####
#Date: MON, NOV 28, 2011 05:23:07 PM
#OSName: VxWorks
#OSVers: 6.3
#OSBuild: Jun  9 2011, 20:23:12
#AppName: /c/ni-rt/system/lvrt.out
#Version: 11.0
#AppKind: AppLib

11/28/11 08:10:31.807 PM
DWarnInternal 0x0: If write was busy before, it can not be busy now when we can write
source/server/protocolcomm.cpp(1258) : DWarnInternal: If write was busy before, it can not be busy now when we can write

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,854 Views)