From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run vi on host from RT target

Hello,

I want to place the entire application on a RT target and on the UI.vi on the host computer. How can I open FP and run UI.vi from the applcation on RT target.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,997 Views)

You don't.  You design a communication scheme for your RT system and your host VI to communicate.  This is usually done with TCP/IP and/or Network Streams.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,994 Views)

Thank you. Ok so let's assume that I have a RT thread with event case to handle controls. And controls are on my Host. I can send them by Stream, but for now I want to do it with shared variables. I guess I can use user generated events. Is it good solution, or should I go in a different direction? Are there any NI training lessons of that matter?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,981 Views)

Personally, Shared Variables have only given me headaches.  Whenever I used them, I got weird timing issues and/or they were slow.  I prefer using the STM library with TCP.

For a really good in depth discussion, I recommend the cRIO Developer's Guide.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 4
(1,950 Views)