From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request "recovery.cfg" for myRIO-1900 to reset the password

Hello, NI community.

I am working at the university, and I tried to format myRIO-1900 that belongs to the university. However, the previous user (who I do not know and can't contact) set the password on the device, so I cannot format the disc.

I tried to request the technical service; however, I could not obtain the service ID to request the technical service because the university license is "lease" status (Only local license is available, the service ID is not specified).

Therefore, I kept searching how to reset the password on myRIO-1900 and tried all things that NI support suggested.

Then, I finally recognized that I need to have "recovery.cfg" file to reset the password of myRIO-1900.

If you do not mind, would you share "recovery.cfg" file for myRIO-1900? I do know how to install the "recovery.cfg" into the device.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,442 Views)

Hi there! Did you manage to get the file? I'm also looking for it

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,304 Views)

Hello

in 2019 I needed to reset my myRIO because I forgot the password, however I remember I found all the instructions and the recovery.cfg file. Currently I can't find the steps to follow, but I do have the recovery.cfg file saved on my PC.
Could you pass me the steps to do the reboot?

best regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,129 Views)

Could you please send me the recover.cfg file for myRIO?

If you can, please send the file to my email “m831718@gmail.com”.

Very very thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,106 Views)