From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real-time scan resources deploy problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, evryone!

When I try to deploy c-modules I become error: "The current module settings require NI Scan Engine support on the controller."Deploy_Error.PNG

But Scan Engine has been already installed on my controller.

SWcRIO_new.PNG

I've already tried the following:

1. Restart controller (Does not help)

2. Reinstall Software on controller (Does not help)

3. Format Disk and Reinstall Software on controller (It worked 1 time, then it stopped helping)

4. Change module Program Mode  (Does not help)

Please, help me to solve this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,440 Views)

I found a similar solution: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000kJIuSAM&l 

But in my case it doesn't work(((

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,391 Views)

Checked out DAQmx. When I put the module in this mode and try to run Test Panels .. it gives an error -50150.

Error Test Panel.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,376 Views)

I tried to run FPGA. The program compiled but refused to run, saying that Chasis was in scan mode.

FPGA_Error.PNG

With this, I configured all modules to FPGA mode.

Chasis_FPGA.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,374 Views)

Did the cRio formatting and reinstall NI CompactRIO 20.0 (for LV2019). During installation, I did not change the selected packages, I left everything as it was by default. Updated the firmware. As a result, cRIO started working in FPGA and DAQmx modes. But in RT Scan mode, everything also does not work, because Scan Engine was not installed.

FPGA_work_set.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,360 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author EgorKarlin

Hello @e.karlin 

The reason for this error might be various versions of LabVIEW installed on your PC. As long as when installing Scan Engine version dependent dlls are being used from C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2019\resource\ScanEngineHandlers and a conflict occurs, try to repair software from NI Package Manager or reinstall it. 

Message 6 of 8
(2,340 Views)

I think I am having this same problem. I have re-formatted and re-installed the firmware and software with the September 2020 recommended software set. But I still get the same error described by the OP, where it won't let me deploy because it says the scan engine isn't installed.

We do have both LabVIEW 2019 and 2020 installed (we are using 2020) - so I guess from this post, that might be the issue? However, we also have a different cRIO and a different computer that has multiple versions of LabVIEW installed and we don't have this issue on that system.

Does "try to repair software from NI Package Manager or reinstall it" mean, repair the installations of LabVIEW on the Windows computer that is connecting to the cRIO? And should I do it with both, 2019 and 2020 or just 2020?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,951 Views)

@prettypwnie wrote:

Does "try to repair software from NI Package Manager or reinstall it" mean, repair the installations of LabVIEW on the Windows computer that is connecting to the cRIO? And should I do it with both, 2019 and 2020 or just 2020?

In my case I have reinstalled LabView on my Windows computer. In my system there are LV 2015 and LV 2019. I have reinstalled only LV2019.

I recomend You a support request.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,940 Views)