Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real-time datalogging using DSC module to Citadel historian.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

My application requires several cRIO-9035 real-time controllers to log many channels of data. I purchased the DSC module for this purpose thinking I would be able to log the data to a Citadel database but it appears as though this is not supported. The 'logging' function is disabled on libraries created on the real-time target and using the DSC 'Open Trace.vi' results in a broken arrow. I found this old post which confirmed my suspicion; https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-log-RT-data-to-remote-citadel-database-using-citadel/m-p/375....

I'd like to know if anybody has successfully been able to log data from a real-time controller to a remote Citadel database, located on a centralized server. What are my options?Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,219 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Ricky77

Hey Ricky77,

I believe that you may have already gotten your answer from one of our engineers in a service request that you opened, but I will post the answer here for others as well.

You can log data to Citadel from your cRIO. You can use network shared variables (that are hosted on your PC not the cRIO), and then you should be able to stream data from the cRIO to these variables and log them in Citadel. There is a more detailed response on the forum you linked in the third post.

If you don't need it right away, you can also log the data to a TDMS file and then either FTP or use WebDAV to transfer that file to your Host PC. Then you can read and log the data to Citadel.

Regards,

Alyssa H.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Message 2 of 2
(2,178 Views)