Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading from a network port from an embedded cRIO system

Hello,

I am involved in a project involving a real-time embedded system on a cRIO.  The system should be able to read streaming data from a network port and then write to a different network port. I am able to read data from the port when the system is not embedded, so data is being written to the port, but I receive an error 59: the network is down, unreachable or has been reset once embedded on the cRIO.

I’ve attached a VI before the below described fix.

I read on https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/TCP-connection-on-realtime-error/td-p/3689038?profile.language=en that the issue may be due to a delay in the availability of the network on system start. The suggested fix involved using a for loop (vi attached).  When this is implemented, we get a different error number 66, which seems to indicate that the peer closed the port. Does this indicate that the cRIO has closed the port?

Please tell me that we are doing something fundamentally wrong because this is frustrating.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,633 Views)

Hey arcraik!

I have the same problems and looking for a solution for days now. Did you solve the problem somehow?

Cheers,

Tobi

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,533 Views)