Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT Web Server Much Slower than FTP

The web server on the Field Pt FP-2015 takes several seconds (10+) to 'serve' a simple web page - whereas the FTP server responds almost immediately. This is while running without IP address restrictions and without passwords. I have also isolated the client and server away from the LAN. Any ideas?

TommyH
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,444 Views)
Hi Tommy,
The web server on the FieldPoint controllers can take some time to update. One way to get more immediate updates would be to try the advice from KnowledgeBase document 2GG8DKS0, "Making Web Pages Automatically Update With the LabVIEW Web Server" located at
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/651D0F36A947272686256B250054B585?OpenDocument
If that document doesn't help you out, please let us know and we'll see what else you might be able to do. Also, if you provide more information about your network, how you connect, and how you use the FTP connection to see updates, that will help us find a resolution.
Thanks for contacting NI, and have a great day.
Marcus G.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,437 Views)
It is not the update I was speaking of, but how the page comes up initially. This happens even with the sample pages loaded from factory. Takes very long. Again, FTP is almost instantaneous.

I will check network and post more specific information. Thanks for your time.

TommyH
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,435 Views)
Hi Tommy,
When you say that FTP is almost instantaneous, what exactly is it that you're doing with the FTP? Are you simply looking at the files on the FP-2015, or are you doing something more complex?
Thanks,
Marcus G.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,427 Views)
File viewing and download.

Thanks!

TommyH
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5