Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT Execution target

Hi,

I am working on a PXI with NI 8176 controller and 7030-6040E multifunction DAQ. While using labview 7.0, I was able to download applications onto the RT target and deploy them. I could just choose the RT target from the "execution target" listbox that appears upon starting labview. Recently I upgraded the labview to 7.1 and I no longer see the RT execution target in that listbox. I am thinking that this must be something very simple but I just cannot figure it out. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Prakash K
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,967 Views)
Hello,

What is happening is that LabVIEW RT 7.1 is not installed. The LabVIEW RT is a module that needs have the same version as LabVIEW. If you had LabVIEW 7.0 and LabVIEW RT 7.0 and then upgraded LabVIEW to 7.1, you need to also upgrade LabVIEW RT to 7.1. If you already have LabVIEW RT 7.1 installed it again, because you might have installed LabVIEW RT before LabVIEW and it has to be in the other order. First LabVIEW and then LabVIEW RT.
Hope this helps.

Ricardo
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,955 Views)
Hello,

I made a mistake yesterday. I didn't notice that the problem was not that you couldn't see the execution target drop down list, but with the PCI/PXI 7030. The 7030 is not supported in LV 7.1
Here is a link to a document that explains that.
Installing LabVIEW 7.1 Will Remove Support for the PCI-7030 and PXI-7030 RT Controller

Ricardo S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,945 Views)