Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT Deployment Error

Lately when I try to deploy from the project I get a file permission error. I can log in through the web browser and replace the startup.rtexe, and it runs at reboot. Any thoughts on why I'm getting these errors and what the permissions should be?

Deploying KoreMain(failed to deploy)
LabVIEW: (Hex 0x8) File permission error. You do not have the correct permissions for the file.
=========================
LabVIEW: (Hex 0x8) File permission error. You do not have the correct permissions for the file.
=========================
DMA hardware error detected.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,278 Views)

I've just run into this.

Get anywhere?

Nick
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,143 Views)

I also just ran into this.  Have not found a solution yet.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,119 Views)

Reformatting my cRIO seemed to fix it for me.

Message 4 of 6
(2,108 Views)

Hi,

found this thread via a google-search to another issue. Although this is not current anymore I want to provide a solution:

I strongly assume, that you both worked on Linux cRIOs and that a new startup.rtexe has been copied to that cRIO via ftp or sftp. Well, that ususally changes the owner of that file to the "admin" user, but if you want to deploy your startup.rtexe from LabVIEW then the owner of that file has to be "lvuser". The LabVIEW IDE cannot overwrite that file hence the file error.

cf. also this thread : https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-Linux-Real-Time-Discussions/Replace-startup-rtexe-while-it-is-running-on...

especially the second half of that thread.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
Message 5 of 6
(1,873 Views)

Hey Jens,

Thanks for the reply.  You are correct in assuming I used a Linux cRIO.  At least in my situation though, I had only been deploying through the LabVIEW IDE, not manually transferring the exe via FTP.

Regards,

Trevor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,840 Views)