Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAD image version number

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using RAD to create an image of a cRIO. I chose to create a new version of an existing image. My new version number was 1.0.3. I had an error in the path of one of the file names, so the retrieval did not work correctly and no image was created. When I corrected the error, the previos version number (1.0.3) was no longer available (trying to use it gave an error) and I had to go with a new version number (I chose 1.0.4). Is there a way to reuse the previous version number? I tried exiting and restarting RAD, to no effect.

Gunter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,123 Views)

Hi WWST,

How did you go about creating a new version of an existing image? Did you retreive the same image from the cRIO? Know exactly what you did will help me to recreate it here. Also can you tell me if there was an error message and error code that displayed when you tried to reuse the version number. I think if you were to back up the images that you want to keep and remove everything associated with RAD from your computer and reinstall it you'll be able to reuse the version numbers. But we may be able to avoid this if you can give me more information. Screenshots are also helpful. 

Thanks

Ryan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,113 Views)

Here is an article on RAD.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/5986#toc4

If you look at the paragraph directly under figure 7 it explains that the version number automatically increments and you have to use a later version each time. I'm thinking that the only work around would be to remove and reinstall RAD.

hope this helps

Ryan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,111 Views)

Thank you, Ryan, for your response.

I think at this point I will just live with the "wasted" version numbers and try not to make mistakes in the settings.

Gunter

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,100 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author WWST

OK !

Just so you know, this utility is open source so you can go into the LabVIEW code and change the behavior to your specific needs or find out the limiting factors of the version control.

Ryan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,095 Views)

That's a good suggestion, I hadn't thought of it. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,091 Views)

Hi, I have an issue with RAD. At the moment I have it installed on a pc without LabVIEW 2012, but it does have the runtime engine, Max, and the NI-RIO drive. It is RAD v. 3.0.2. The problem i'm having is when i go to deploy a cRIO-9074 image, I get the following error. Its saying some remote files are not installed. I'm not sure if its to do with the RAD installed on the laptop or whats going on with it.

If someone can shed some light that would be very helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,845 Views)

Hello,

As you seem to have a new RAD question, I highly recommend re-posting on the RAD-specific forum thread (http://forums.ni.com/t5/Real-Time-and-Control/LabVIEW-Real-Time-Application-Deployment/m-p/751032) or starting a new discussion topic.

By posting in the appropriate location, you can ensure that the right people see your question!

Cameron
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,807 Views)