Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R Series FPGA with SCB68

Hai... hope somebody clear my doubt.... i am using PCI7830R DAQ in my PC... and Connecter block SCB 68 hardware.... i devolped a VI in Project Explorer Methode...to check the digital pins in DAQ and hardware....while i running a VI without connecting LED in hard ware section, all LED in ON condition in frontpanels of both sub and Host VI ....but after i wired a bread board with SCB68 and placed LED in breadboard (to check 7830R card and SCB68 mapping) respectively to the pin numbers of DAQ( eg: DIO0 pin number in DAQ and SCB68 is36 & 2...i take a wire from 36 pin from SCB68 as positive and 2nd pin as negative , connect it to bread board where i placed LED...)....the prob is just for testing i wired only one LED and run VI after this settings...the particular LED is not blinking in both hardware and Front panel of VI .....why this prob? whether i have to placed any resistor in bread board? ..

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,439 Views)

Alieas,

Hello! 

From looking at your code, it appears you have all your DIO lines configured as inputs. If this is the case, and you do not have anything pulling the DIO lines high/low, they will just float. If they are floating, they very well could float high and register a true/high/1 value in your FPGA program, this is probably why you are seeing the front panel LEDs light up. However, as the DIO lines are configured as inputs and not outputs, connecting an actual physical LED to the R-Series device will not result in the LED being lit up. 

There are many Examples of using the DIO lines with R-Series in the LabVIEW Example finder as well as many help documents in the LabVIEW Help regarding using I/O. Please read through these documents and look at these examples as they should be able to provide you with some assistance.

Examples can be found here:

Example Finder » Hardware Input and Output » R Series » Basic IO

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ben Sisney
FlexRIO V&V Engineer
National Instruments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,425 Views)

Hai Mr.Ben ...first i ask sorry for posting my questions in various forum... just in eager to get answer soon i done this.....

Anyway i attached a VI with this... this VI i modified from examples (i used 7830R card).... in this also...when i run VI without connecting wires in breadboard (for LED output to real world) its working fine in both Front panel of Sub and Host VI's...but after i connect wire from SCB 68 (corresponding pins from DAQ card) to breadboard for LED..... i run the VI this time LED in Sub , Host and Bread Board is not getting ON....mean time for checking i just unwired one digital pin(LED)..that particular LED light was getting On in front panel of Sub and Host VI..... y this so?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,409 Views)

Hai Mr.Ben..... if i want to light up the LED in bread board...should i want to add resistors?... if it so...what value of resistors i should add in breadboard... i want to connect seperate resistors for each LED that i used in project?..is thier any examples for that?....

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,384 Views)