From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish web page on cRIO

Solved!
Go to solution
I am sorry for asking such a simple question but I can't seem to get my VI located on a RT controller (cRIO) to show up as a web page.
I'm using LV8, I have a project with both FPGA and RT VIs. Everything functions fine.
I downloade the FPGA VI to flash (hoping it stays here upon reboot).
I enabled the web server on the cRIO RT controller.
I copied the RT VI into "ni-rt/startup".
Not sure what I'm supposed to do next.

I just want my cRIO to boot up and run both VIs (FPGA and RT) and be able to access it via browser.

I remember doing this in LV7, just can't remember if I'm missing something.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(8,062 Views)
Solution
Accepted by jeff_scharpf
Hi Jeff,

No need to apologize! There have been many changes since LV 7, but it looks like you've worked most of it out. I'm assuming that you want to download this application as an RT startup executable, and run the webpage from there. Here are the steps that you should follow:

1. In the project window, right-click the cRIO target and select "Properties..."
2. Under the "Web Server: Configuration" category, check the box that says "Enable Web Server"
3. You'll have to reboot the cRIO in order for the web server to actually start. (You can do this from the project as well by right-click the cRIO target, selecting "Utilities >> Reboot"
4. Just to test that the web server is actually running try typing in the IP address of the cRIO in your web browser. You should get a page entitled LabVIEW Web Server
5. Back in LabVIEW, select from the menu "Tools >> Web Publishing Tool"
6. Select your VI & the Viewing mode (You probably want the Viewing mode to be Embedded)
7. Step through the rest of the webpage configuration wizard and save the html file to the harddrive on your PC. Note that this does not have to be in the LabVIEW 8.0 www directory, since you're not publishing it form your desktop computer.
8. FTP into your cRIO and place the .html file in the ftp://<ip address>/ni-rt/system/WWW/ folder
9. Create a build specification for your RT application from the project window & set it to be the startup exe by right-click on it in the project window.
10. Deploy the build specification and reboot the cRIO.

You should be able to see the website now by pointing your brower to http://<ip address>/<name>.html

Hope that helps!

Charlie S.

Visit ni.com/gettingstarted for step-by-step help in setting up your system
Message 2 of 5
(8,048 Views)

"such a simple question"?   ... "simple"?  Your trouble shooting a headless embedded RT OS that is simultaneously running an FPGA and a Web Server.  Asking "How do I reopen my tool palette in labview?" is a simple question.  This right here, this is some properly complex material.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,492 Views)

Wow it's hard to believe it's been 7 years since I posted that original message. Labview has come a long way! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,486 Views)

Hello Charlie,

Is there a way to configure the cRIO to publish in "Monitor" mode instead of Embedded? I want to display the Web Page in a Smart TV that does not supports the LabVIEW Run Time Plugin. At this moment the Smart TV can display a "Monitor" mode Web Page hosted in a PC LabVIEW application.

I read in the following post from a couple years ago that RT does not support Monitor & Snapshot Modes, I wonder if this have changed since then. I'm using a cRIO-9076.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AB6C6841486E84EA862576C8005A0C26?OpenDocument

I'll appreciate any input.

Marcos.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,280 Views)