Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy Server Configuration on cRIO running VxWorks

I am trying to configure my cRIO-9075 which is running VxWorks 6.3 to connect to the internet (WebDAV server) via a proxy server.

Is it possible to do this?

The most obvious solution that comes to mind would be to add a key to the TCP_STACK_CONFIG in the ni-rt.ini file, but I'm not sure what the syntax is or whether it will work.

Has anybody come up with a solution for this problem?

I was able to do it on the Linux RT cRIO-9063 by editing the /etc/profile using the linux shell, but I can't find any info on VxWorks targets.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,397 Views)

Hi,

We are currently looking into this question and will notify you with more information once we have it. Thanks for your patience.

Alex C.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Alex C.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,343 Views)

Since this modification is specific to VxWorks, regardless of the NI hardware the OS is running on, your best bet would be to look into the VxWorks documentation about their network stack.

Their Network Programmer's Guide might be the first place to look. Specifically, this configuration portion might provide some good insight.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,308 Views)

Thanks Will,

I received some feedback from your R&D team in the US through our local NI office:

"We currently do not have a way to change proxy settings on our VxWorks targets.

This is partly because we would have to modify the network stack and this may involve rewriting parts of the OS.

R&D was involved in the creation of Linux RT so they were able to make the needed changes."

I think I'll just leave it at that, since it only affects one of our cRIO-9075's in the field. All others are running Linux-RT.

Regards,

Markus

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,297 Views)