From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically setting 1588 priority on cRIO 9082

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to programmatically set the 1588 priority on my cRIO 9082 controller using System Configuration API (see attached code). Even if this code do not return any error, the priority is not applied...

Any idea ?

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,753 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CyGa

I don't know for sure because I don't have a system set up and haven't worked with this API in awhile, but I think you may be saving the wrong reference after applying Priority1. If you look at the shipping example "Set Clock Properties" you can see that the Save is performed on the System Hardware reference directly after the property is set, rather than the System reference.

SaveClockProperty.PNG

You might also consider running that example. If it works, you know there's an issue with your code and if not, it may be something else. You can find the example in the example finder: "IEEE 1588-2008 Clock Properties" under Hardware Input & Output>Timing & Synchronization > Time-based. Note that it's best run on Windows on a network where it will be able to locate your real-time system/clock.

Alisha P

NI R&D

Message 2 of 4
(2,720 Views)

Thanks Alisha,

I didn't realize that I could use this function on the ref itself !

I'll try that soon and post here the result !

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,701 Views)

Hi Alisha,

I'e tried the same technique on a Linux cRIO (9035). And it seems that it doesn't work. Can you confirm that ?

What would the process then ? Doing programmatically the steps listed here ?

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,663 Views)