Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems deploying RIOeval

I'm having some problems with my RIOeval kit.

It's connected to the computer by a switchet ethernetcable, and when running the utility setup, everything works except for the deply part.

I've set the IP manually (both on the computer and to the kit), but when it is about to finish and deploy, it says "deployment failed".

Please help me on how to make this work.

Regards Lars Molzen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,097 Views)

Hi Lars.

Welcome to the NI Forum! Smiley Happy

I think we should try to connect to the RIO without using the wizard. Do you already have LabVIEW installed along with the RIO driver? Which versions are you using?

Try to create a new project, and add the RIO. From here, you should be able to connect to the device. So this tell us, if LabVIEW can communicate with the RIO.

001.png

If this succeds, we can try to make a small FPGA VI and compile it. After compilation, the LED on the board should flash.

002.png

If everything goes wrong, and/or you haven't installed LabVIEW, you can download them from our website instead of using the DVDs.

Download LabVIEW RIO software

When installing LabVIEW from our website, you are going to miss the exercises that are included in the RIO Eval kit. However, you can just download the lastest version of the exercise here:

LabVIEW RIO Evaluation Kit Exercises LabVIEW 2013

Also, we have a community, with other ideas for the use of the Eval board.

Next Steps - LabVIEW RIO Evaluation Kit

I hope this will bring you in the right direction. Have fun! Smiley Happy

Best Regards

Alex E. Munkhaus
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
System Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,077 Views)