Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems connection to cRIO with second network card

Hi there,

I'm having problems connecting to a cRIO-9004 using a second network card.

For isolation reasons I am communicating with the cRIO over a fibre optic link which is connected to my PC via a second network card.

I have the second network card configured with an IP of 192.168.0.1 and the cRIO configured to be at 192.168.0.2, the subnet masks of both are set to be 255.255.255.0

If I disable my primary network card, I can communicate fine. MAX sees the cRIO and can control it and retrieve status information.

If I re-enable the primary network card, MAX loses the connection to the cRIO and cannot re-estrablish it. I can, however, ping the cRIO and get packets back.

I'm using MAX v4.2.1.3001 and NI-RIO v2.1.0

any ideas on how I can this to work ?

dave Langstaff
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,077 Views)

Replying to my own thread here.....

The solution I found was to disable windows firewall for the private network (leaving it up for the internet connection).

So

NetworkConnections -> Change Windows firewall settings -> Advanced tab

this should display a list of the network connections from the PC. Uncheck the one relating to the private network connected just to the cRIO.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,074 Views)
I had a similar problem.

Go to Network Connections-->Advanced in Menu-->Advanced Settings...

Under the Adapters and Bindings tabs make the cRIO network card first in the list.

Also, go to the TCP/IP Settings for your primary card under Advanced and set you Interface metric to something less than 20 (mine is 10).
Randall Pursley
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,057 Views)