From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with initial cRIO login from MAX

I have a brand-new cRIO-9042 and all I'm trying to do is log in to the machine so I can install the base software. I'm able to log in and set permissions through the NI Web-Based Configuration client without issue, but using the same usernames and passwords through the MAX login portal gives me an "incorrect username or password" error. Anyone else ever have this issue or something similar?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,895 Views)

Hi ajwild

Why dont you use default username and password to log in? username: 'admin' & pass: ''(let it blank).

Reza

Application Engineer

https://haliatech.com/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,848 Views)

That's what I've tried, it works fine to login this way through the web client but I can't login with the same information via NI MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,837 Views)

I'm having the exact same issue, was there any resolution to this?

I've tried everything from cRIO firmware upgrade, to NI software upgrades/downgrades, uninstalled all NI software and started fresh, but every single time I cannot "Log In" via NI MAX to install and update software on the cRIO. Although I am able to login and access the cRIO via the web configuration.

Testing on a known working machine, I am able to log in over NI MAX, so this leads me to believe the issue is local to my machine - but would like to know why my specific machine cannot access the cRIO through MAX?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,328 Views)

I ended up just using a different PC to login and configure the cRIO with NI MAX. I believe the issue is something to do with some local IT firewall that only applies to desktop PC's at my company, as my laptop works fine for logging in and installing/updating software on the cRIO. Would be nice to find a resolution so I didn't have to switch back and forth between PC's but to this day I haven't found one.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,321 Views)

Yep, this is the conclusion I came to as well.

I'm going to try to work with my IT dept to see if we can unblock whatever ports seem to be blocked on my machine.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,316 Views)

It appeared the issue was with the windows environment variable settings for my local http_proxy. Once I deleted these env variable, NI MAX can now log into the cRIO and add/remove software!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,303 Views)