cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem of openning FPGA VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I am running with a NI cRIO 9035, 2 NI 9503 and 2 steppet motor, so I have created 2 FPGA Vi, each FPGA Vi control one stepper motor. Now I want to make these 2 FPGA Vi run in the same Host Vi, how could I do? 

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,004 Views)

I kind of depends on your interface to your FPGAs.  Could you share some code so we can understand what you currently have?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,988 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for remplying me, I add my codes in this message. I am controlling 2 stepper moteur and have created one FPGA Vi and one Host Vi for each motor, now I want to put these two Host Vi in one Host Vi, when I run the Host Vi, il reports an error '' -61202 niLvFpga_Open_cRIO-9035.vi'. After reading HELP LabVIEW, I know where is the problem but I don't know how to fix it. Please give some ideas.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,981 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author C.LI

You do have some work ahead of you here.  But what needs to happen is you need to duplicate both of your current FPGA VIs into a single VI.  This will require renaming all of your controls and indicators to avoid conflicts (copy and paste otherwise).  You will then need to do similar for your host.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 7
(2,975 Views)

Yeah, it would be nice if you could drop both those top level VIs in a new vi and have that be the new top level. Unfortunately that's not possible currently. 

So yes, like crossrulz said. You have to merge the two top levels manually. I suggest you encapsulate some of the duplicate code in a subVI to make the resulting VI cleaner. It's also probably a good idea to merge some of those loops that are similar between the two.

Message 5 of 7
(2,966 Views)

Thank you for replying me, it does me a great favor. But I have another problem, I put them in the same FPGA VI and created one HOST VI. The HOST VI is ccorrect without error, but both of  motors don't turn, I don't know if the problem is about voltage, I add my new codes in this message. Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,957 Views)

You're going to have to trace it back for us with an oscilloscope since we don't have your hardware setup. Do you see the correct stepping at the modules? If not, is the duty cycle right? ... you should be able to trace it back until something looks wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,941 Views)