From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem of detecting alarms using modul NI

Hello everyone,

Actually, i am using Crio9030, NI9485 for piloting engins with high speed and finally  NI9215 for measuring voltage. 

I want to monitor the security and alarms of my test bench via c modul.

I have dry contact in my system, it provides me 0V if everything is working just fine and 24V if there is a problem in my system.

I am looking for NI modul that can detect this kind of alarms using a led for exemple or something else. 

I know that i can work with a voltage module, but i prefer a modul which can output directly an error when it detects an alarm.

Thankyou for your answer. 

BELAJI

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,900 Views)

Hi Belaji93,

I'm not sure to understand correctly what you want to do.

But, with C series modules you just acquire signals. And after you have to use the software to handle the signal.

There is no module to trigg an error when it detects signal...

Feel free to call the sales department to discuss about hardware solution.

Best regards,

Eloise
NI France

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,854 Views)

It sounds like you want a module that reads a digital input (0-24V) signal that indicates the presence of a fault, and then output directly to a another digital output line that is connected to an LED indicator.

1. The input signal will have to be read and the output set within a bit of LV code. If you want this to be independent of your main application real-time application, you could do that within the FPGA part of the cRIO. I don't think there are any modules where you can configure a connection between an input and output directly in the card without some LV code.

2. The cRIO will have a user defined LED built in - that you can programme (in LV) to display the status.

3. Why not just connect the 0-24V signal directly to some LED / lamp that can display the status, i.e. if that is all you are doing then there is no need to bring into cRIO.

Consultant Control Engineer
www-isc-ltd.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,846 Views)