Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem measuring Current using NI 9227 with cRIO 9035

Dear all,

I know that this problem may seem easy but believe me, I only got dead ends.

I am trying to measure current using NI 9227 module in LabVIEW FPGA mode. My program is simple, I linked the module terminal to an indicator (see attached photo) I even added a graph to verify if any changes are detected. On the hardware side, I just connected my module in series with a resistor supplied by a voltage supply.

Please tell me what am I doing wrong is it a hardware trick? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Fares

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,209 Views)

Everything looks right to me. Is there a reason you think you might be doing something wrong? Can you put another multimeter in series and see what current it measures?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,192 Views)

The reason I think that something is wrong is the fact that the NI 9227 works fine in Scan interface mode and measures the current but when I use it in LabVIEW FPGA mode it reads nothing the indicator is always 0.

Yes, I already put a multimeter in series and used a current clamp and both read 2A current for a Vdc=10V and R=5 Ohm except for the NI 9227 reads nothing.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,172 Views)

Hi Fares,

It is possible that the device reports 0 because you don't tell the 9227 to start reading.
If you put your loop in a sequence and tell the module to start before you enter the loop. You can do this by calling a FPGA I/O Node and directing it to write True into the module's start bit.

I don't have a lot of experience with the Scan interface mode, but it may tell the module to start automatically.

You can see an example of implementation in the attached screenshot.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,160 Views)