From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port range passive ftp.

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear All,

Question 1: Is there a way to limit the Passive FTP port range on a CompactRIO? If yes, how?

Question 2: The more general problem solving of the above,... Is there a way to get the ftp working on a CompactRIO through a 'dumb' gateway. I can only ask the gateway to forward a certain specific port to the CompactRIO's IP address. I have to configure the gateway through a website interface where I can only ask to forward one port to one LAN IP. So one line per Port/LAN IP. A range of 100 ports will cost me days to enter the values,... 😞

Any thoughts?

Thanks already!

Filip Verbinnen.

Laborelec.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,725 Views)

Dear Filip, 

The cRIO FTP server follows the FTP specification which means the port range is 1023 - 65535 and it is not possible to modify this range.

Regarding your gateway, I am a bit surprised you cannot specify a range of ports. It is usualy often possible to specify a range or some kind of group of address/port. 

Maybe you can share the model of the gateway you are using? If it is really not possible to specify a range, I suppose you should not be the only one having to cope with this issue...

Kind regards,

Cédric | NI Belgium
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,709 Views)

Hi Cédric,

It's a Moxa G3150 HSPA and I launched the port range question at their support. What about active vs. passive FTP? Can you change that setting?

Kind regards,

Filip.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,701 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Braggel

Hello Filip,

Actually, the cRIO accepts both modes. It just depends on the client.

If the client wants the active mode, he will send the PORT command to tell the server to which port he can establish the connection.

If the client wants the passive mode, he will send the PASV command and the server will reply with the port where the client can establish the connection.

So, nothing has to be changed on the cRIO.

Kind regards,

Cédric | NI Belgium
Message 4 of 4
(5,697 Views)