Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Path finding

Hi, guys, I got a problem and wish to dicuss with the experts.

Problem
I got 1 car that is requires to move from 1 point to another point in a enclosed room.
If i have the map of the enclosed room, how am i going to use labview to achieve it ??
I have 1 embedded device that i will be going to mount on the car, and the embedded device will contain the program.
How to go about starting the programming?? what are the various ways to do??
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,339 Views)
Hi,

I have a few questions for you as to how you are planning to program the application.  What is the embedded target processor?  How are you planning to move the motor on the car?  Before we get into how to translate a map into something that the processor knows, we need to nail down the basics of the application.

Regards,

Nadim
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,328 Views)
My embedded PC is not a motor, it act as a cpu containing the program. my car will move when the embedded pc is connected to the car throught lan connection.
the problem is, now i not sure how to go about to start writting the programming.
My problem is how to do path finding . when i click on the screen of my pc, how the information going to pass to the car, so that the car will move to the location i click on the screen.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,315 Views)
Hi,

Is your embedded processor a 32 bit microchip?  If so, you may be able to use the LabVIEW Microprocessor SDK module to program your car to move.  As to how to translate your screen to actual locations for your car, you may need to formulate a conversion from 2D screen coordinates to 3D coordinates for the car.  On a robotic arm with a camera, this problem is usually referred to as the "Hand-Eye" problem that exists from 2d picture elements to 3d coordinate elements.  You may want to do some research as to how to do the translation.  If your car is connected through a lan connection vie ethernet, there are a few ways to send data to the car.  You can use UDP, TCP/IP, datasockets, or Shared Variables, depending on what kind of target you are referring to.

I hope this helps

Regards,

Nadim
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,300 Views)