Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI RT Controller with DAQ board for real-time ?

I am designing a new real-time control system. My application requires 1 analog input, 2 encoder inputs and 1 analog output output per axis. I need 20 axis PID controller that can handle such inputs/outputs with 300 Hz PID update rate. PID algorithm will read 1 analog input or 2 encoders to compute and output servo command (1 analog command) per axis. The axes are independently controlled.

After reading your materials in your web-site, it looks like that the Embedded Real-Time Controller PXI-8145 RT with LabVIEW RT software can handle my applicaion with A/D, D/A and counter board. Please consider the following configuration of mine and get me your opinion/quotation.

1. 1x PXI-8145 RT (PXI Embedded Real-Time Controller)
2. 1x PXI-6254 (M series multu-function DAQ with 32 channel A/D)
3. 1x PXI-6723 (32 channel D/A Board)
4. 5x PXI-6602 (32-bit, 8 channel Timer/counter board)

You can recommend other low-cost 16-bit Timer/counter board because I need just 16 bit counter.

With the above configuration, I would like to know if PXI-8145 RT can handle my application. 300 Hz PID update rate is very slow compared to modern industial application, so I assume it can handle my application.

Someone say I will need another Motion controller like PXI-7358 to handle my application. I wonder I need the motion controller in my application. I don't know what the role of the motion controller is compared to the PXI-8145 RT.

Thank you for your good advice in advance.

Jae Woong
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,794 Views)