Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PID with transport delay

Hi, I would like to know if anyone has or can make a PID controller where I can input a signal and send a PID output to an analog channel after some variable period of time, almost like a phase shift, or transport delay like in matlab. I am currently using the Real-Time PID control .vi and would just like to modify that with a delay using something like a circular buffer or something else.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,349 Views)
Yes,
You can do almost anything with LabVIEW, and it is fun. I created a small example to do what you described. I used the LabVIEW 7 Express VIs, and specifically the Elapsed Timer. When the preset time elapses I execute a True case in a Case Structure. This is just a small example, but it should help you get started.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,349 Views)
Thanks a lot, I don't have LabView 7 so I can't open it, is there anyway you can it can be opened with Labview6.1. Thanks again
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,349 Views)
With the PID Toolkit it can't be saved for previous version, and I also used an Express VI. The basic concept could be done with labVIEW 6.1 just by subtracting the current time. Maybe the best way to answer it is to have you call our support department and they can help you create the program.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,349 Views)
How much delay do you desire on the PID output? how do you determine the delay value? If a PID is running at 1k, do you desire to delay it by an integer amount of ticks? would a shift register with multiple previous iteration values work?
Stu
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,349 Views)