Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PID rate limiter

I have project using PID.vi from control and simulation functions the output from the PID is feed to the input of PID output rate limiter vi i am confusue about the input (output rate (ENG/min)) to the PID rate limiter. i can use the output from the PID.vi as ENG unit or i have to change it to ENG unit, the output from PID rate limiter is fed to futaba servo actuator using PWM signal. in other words the output from PID.vi actuate a servo motor from futaba using PWM, but i need to limit the rate of change of the output from the PID.vi using PID rate limiter but i am confuse about the input to the PID rate limiter (output rate (ENG/min)).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,782 Views)

Hi AlaaShaw,

The PID Output Rate Limiter VI is used to limit how fast the control variable changes in your program in physical units (volts, amperes) per minute. Considering that, you would connect the output of the PID vi to the input (controller input) of the PID Output Rate Limiter VI. The input Output Rate (EGU/min) is something that you would control from other source depending on your requirements. Let’s say that for example you want to limit a voltage control signal to do not change faster than 5V/min (around 83 mV per second) then you would use that input with the value of 5.

I hope this can be helpful.

Regards

AGJ

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,772 Views)