Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PID control on the FPGA labView program

We are trying to work on a Magnetic Levitation system and trying to control using PID with cRIO 9401 but its not communicating and we just cant get the programming right we need some suggestions and examples
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,893 Views)
Could you please attach your code, and explain what you're trying to do with your code in detail?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,887 Views)
We rae trying to suspend a ball in air. We have accomplished this task by an analog circuit but now we are trying to do it digitally using cRIO. We are trying to control the voltage signal by LabVIEW as we are reading it by analog input module and then using PID parameters to manipulate the value and outputtin gthat value as output to suspend the ball.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,880 Views)
Hello, I do not fully understand your problem.  What exactly is not working?  Are you having difficulty communicating with the cRIO?  Are you having trouble communicating with your modules, or is the problem that your PID algorithm is not working properly?  Also, from what I understand you are outputting a voltage to some form of magnet, but how are you getting your input signal? 
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,866 Views)
Hello. We are taking an input from an analog circuit board which is a voltage we need to control that voltage and output a signal Using PID block in LabVIEW with cRIO to make the ball suspend . The problem that we are having is that we are new to LabVIEW and we do not have any programming experience so we cant figure out the approach of how to accomplish this task , as I mentioned in my previous message that we want to suspend the ball in air digitally using LabVIEW and cRIO
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,830 Views)

Hi Daniel,

I recommend going through the tutorial:

Getting Started with CompactRIO and LabVIEW

Feel free to post back if you have any specific questions.

Eric V
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer

"I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a helluva (NI Applications) Engineer!"
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,812 Views)