Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outputting the analog trigger for PCI-MIO-16E-4

We have project where we are using the PCI-MIO-16E-4 card to acquire analog data (1 channel) in the double buffered mode (We are using Visual Basic.)

Now, I would like to use the analog trigger to determine when this data drops below a certain level, and to send out a real time TTL signal to indicate this event--without interrupting the collection of data.

I have explored the Configure_HW_Analog_Trigger and Select_Signal functions, but can not seem to find a way of routing the output of the analog trigger to any of the I/O lines.

I have also explored several work-arounds using an analog output channel to send out a TTL compatible signal, but have not found a way to do that without interrupting
data collection.

Is there a way to do what I want to do, or can you suggest a work around?

Thank you

Tom
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,166 Views)
The analog hardware trigger is an internal trigger signal and cannot be directly routed to the I/O connector. Instead you could use it to trigger a pulse generation on one of the counters on the board. What you need to do is to configure the counter for retriggerable pulse generation and use the GPCTR_Change_Parameter function to select the gate. See the Ni-daq Function Reference Manual for the legal parameter values. LabVIEW users will find a similar example program at http://zone.ni.com/libraries/
Search for +"analog trigger" +counter
Message 2 of 3
(4,166 Views)
you can send TTL compatible signal through any of the 8 digital I/O lines.
see PCI-MIO-16E-4 DAQ pin configuration details.

If your analog input falls below certain threshold you can activate any digital I/O line.
you could make outputline ON for the period you want.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,166 Views)