Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI9237 at low sample rates using external time base

I am trying to set-up an NI 9237 module card to collect data at a data rate of 1 kS/sec. In order to do this, I need the module to run on an external timebase, specifically the 40 MHz onboard clock on the cRIO 9082 I am using. I can already collect my data at a sample rate of 1000 hertz. The problem is, I need the anti aliasing filters to filter the data at a corner frequency less than 500 hertz. It is currently filtering at a corner frequency of around 790 hertz based on the minimum 1.613 kS/sec sample rate. 

Message 1 of 4
(2,587 Views)

There is one example to lower the "sample rate" by just using every n-Index Value inside the output signal array..

have a look here:

Decrease the Sampling Rate of the NI 9237 DAQmx Strain Gage Task

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Programs/Decrease-the-Sampling-Rate-of-the-NI-9237-DAQmx-Strain-Gag...

The Problem with this example is that you can not set the samplerate very dynamic, the lenght of the array cut element is 20 indexes long....:-/

its nice because the loop at the and just runs once, but i haven't found a way to jump dynamc to create a selfmade undersampling for that module, heck even average of 1/10 is possible 🙂

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,258 Views)

I'm not totally understanding the problem. It sounds like you maybe want to oversample and then apply a digital filter? If so, can you just throw a butterworth at it? It has an input for the desired low pass frequency:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361P-01/lvanls/butterworth_filter/

Message 3 of 4
(2,240 Views)

Yes a very high filter will help with a more stable output and butterworth is a good choice, maybe you can go as low as 1 Hz to 5 Hz in order to stabelize the values

But for a weight scale it also makes the system very slow, having less samplerate in hardware means less noise while retaining some speed i would argue...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,191 Views)