Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI sbRIO-9627 hardware configure issue

Hi guys.

I'm using NI sbRIO-9627 and  I want to change ip adress on Primary Ethernet Adapter (eth0) using a System Hardware property node. Meanwhile NI sbRIO-9627 connected to developers machine via Ethernet Adapter usb0.

As you can see below I detect primary Ethernet Adapter using its property "IsPrymary" and then I change its properties. Then I check if my changes were validated. But I have a warning, that my changes are not validated and saved (number 4 on block diagram). After that I save my changes. When I check for changes again in (5) I can see, that my changes were not applied.

How can I solve this problem?

installed software listinstalled software listThe block diagramm itselfThe block diagramm itself

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,947 Views)

You seem to close the session before applying the changes to it (no data flow dependence between the close and the actions to be applied prior to the close...), so that's one issue at least.

Here is a picture of a working solution. The incoming Interface name on these devices is just eth0 (primary) or eth1...

Network reconfig that works.PNG

Message 2 of 4
(1,881 Views)

I'm not sure what you exactly meant by saying "no data flow dependence", but as you could have seen, the output System Hardware Wire of my System Hardware Property Node (3) was not connected to Save Changes.vi (4). That's why configuration to hardaware had not been applied...

After fixing this inappropriates required properties were successfully implemented to my sbRIO-9627 Primary Ethernet Adapter hardware. Which was the point of my issue.

Thank you you for your example!

Have a nice day.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,866 Views)

Sure, there were several issues. The example was given to rather quickly replace the code with something that works.

If you have just modified in the fix you mention, you still have the race condition issue I mentioned:
race condition example.PNG

In the lower example the Close depends on data from Set Time, so it will wait and execute when it is supposed to. There is a *data flow dependency* controlling the order of execution, rather than leaving it up to chance.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,859 Views)