Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI myRIO not Registering in MAX or Labview

I recently bought a NI myRIO-1900 for a class. I currently have Labview 2018 and the corresponding myRIO software bundle installed. My myRIO is registered according to my profile. However, when I go into MAX with the RIO connected via USB, it comes up under "Devices and Interfaces," but not "Remote Systems." When I wait for Labview, the RIO getting started window never shows up.

The status light is flashing twice, so apparently the RIO doesn't have the right software, but I can't install the software if I can't access it in MAX under remote systems. I tried "Create New" and the troubleshoot option, but I don't know what the RIO IP address would be.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,127 Views)

Hi there,

Do you have the LabVIEW Real Time Module installed? See the following white paper for info on what software you need for the myRIO: http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/14603/en/

Jen P.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,057 Views)

Yes, I have the real time module, VI package manager, FPGA, compilation for vivado, control design and sim, mathscript, and myrio toolkit.

Not sure if that would be the problem anyway, the status light blinks twice when I power it on, even before its connected to my computer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,053 Views)