cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI cRIO-9054 Target in LabVIEW 2018 SP1

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

In attempt of deploying a RT/FPGA code made in LabVIEW 2018 SP1 onto a NI cRIO-9054, we have come to a hurdle, that the cRIO-9054 is not in the list of targets available for addition to the LV RT Project. (See provided screenshot).

As far as I know, cRIO-9054 should still support LabVIEW 2018 SP1 with the 2018 RT and FPGA Modules (source: https://www.ni.com/de-de/support/documentation/compatibility/09/software-support-for-compactrio--com... https://www.ni.com/docs/de-DE/bundle/crio-9054-specs/page/specs.html) and those modules are of course also installed on the Host/Development PC.

Is there something we are missing regarding compatibility and software versions? Has anyone maybe faced the same problem?

Additionaly, I am sending screenshots of software/modules/packages installed on the Host PC and the cRIO itself - might be helpful.

Every tip or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

JustMark

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(850 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JustMark

From the attachment of CompactRIO Device Driver and LabVIEW Version Compatibility, NI-compactRIO 18.0 is compatible with LabVIEW 2018 non-SP1 only. Since you are using LabVIEW 2018 SP1, you need NI-compactRIO 18.5 or later.

ZYOng_0-1682859440898.png

Message 2 of 4
(844 Views)

Hi ZYOng,

That absolutely did help, and the cRIO was available in the selection then. Thank you!

I have a little follow up question, if you don't mind (though it might be worth creating a separate thread for that):

Do you believe this NI-compactRIO Device Driver ver. 18.5 should also be installed on the cRIO itself, or is that important only for the host PC?

We are facing a bit of problems with execution of some FPGA code, so we are thinking if that might be the reason. As you can see from the screenshots on my original post, the NI-compactRIO version on the cRIO is 18.0.

Thanks again!

JustMark

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(802 Views)

@JustMark wrote:

Do you believe this NI-compactRIO Device Driver ver. 18.5 should also be installed on the cRIO itself, or is that important only for the host PC?

The RT targets and host PC should always have the same version of all software including drivers to ensure compatibility.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(794 Views)