Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI cRIO-9004 not showing in MAX

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello! I wasn't able to upgrade the NI cRIO sw in the controller (current ver. 2.0.1). As I mentioned I already have 3.0 in MAX so I decided to downgrade it to the same version as the controller (2.0.1) and it's working. The only thing I noticed was if I need to update something in the controller I also need to update some sw or driver prior to major updates. (lots of work and time to lookup for certain things)

I can't see LV RT in MAX so I guess I need to install it in my PC. Does it matter what version I install or it has to match with the controller?

Now, I need to know what's the good use of this...

Thank for the walk through... Smiley Wink

Message Edited by KowdTek on 10-02-2008 10:40 AM

One Step At A Time, Maybe Two...
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(2,812 Views)

KowdTek,

I believe I see where you have been struggling.  With NI-RIO 3.0.0, support for LabVIEW 8.0.x was removed. This was listed in the readme for NI-RIO 3.0 but it may have been missed because its pretty easy to glance over readmes :-). I believe this is why you are having difficulties installing LabVIEW RT to your controller and why using an earlier version of NI-RIO was able to resolve your issue.  For development in LabVIEW RT you will want to make sure its installed onto your PC. 

Hope that helps.

Bassethound

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(2,806 Views)

Thanks for the follow up... Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(2,803 Views)

Bassett Hound wrote:

KowdTek,

I believe I see where you have been struggling.  With NI-RIO 3.0.0, support for LabVIEW 8.0.x was removed. This was listed in the readme for NI-RIO 3.0 but it may have been missed because its pretty easy to glance over readmes :-). I believe this is why you are having difficulties installing LabVIEW RT to your controller and why using an earlier version of NI-RIO was able to resolve your issue.  For development in LabVIEW RT you will want to make sure its installed onto your PC. 

Hope that helps.

Bassethound

I'm having difficulty finding the LV RT for my pc. Is this associated with other software?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(2,798 Views)

LabVIEW Real-Time is a add-on Module for LabVIEW.  To install this for any version previous to 8.6, you will need to have the CD that was shipped to you when it was purchased.  If you don't have the CD you can give NI a call and have the sales department look into getting you what you need.

cheers, 

Brian A.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(2,795 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author KowdTek

Unfortunately I can't get the LV RT for free. I just got the quote for LV RT and FPGA deployment option.

What if I still have the CD that came with it? Do I need to renew it prior using? or I can just use it as it is?

Well....

Message Edited by KowdTek on 10-03-2008 11:11 AM

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(2,780 Views)

I finally found the LV RT software for the controller. Do I still need the FPGA to in order fo me to see the cRIO in the "add target and device" when I start the project? After searching I found that example below (RT Project Provider for cRIO) is required so I re-installed the NI-RIO and made sure it's installed but did not solved the problem..

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(2,767 Views)
From your screenshot of your installed software, it looks like you are using LabVIEW 8.5.1.  If this is the case, you will need the 8.5.1 versions of both the Real-Time and FPGA modules. Real-Time will allow you to target and program the cRIO the controller, but to program the FPGA you will need to FPGA module. 
Brian A.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(2,727 Views)

Brian_A wrote:
From your screenshot of your installed software, it looks like you are using LabVIEW 8.5.1.  If this is the case, you will need the 8.5.1 versions of both the Real-Time and FPGA modules. Real-Time will allow you to target and program the cRIO the controller, but to program the FPGA you will need to FPGA module. 

It's my previous LV version then I change it to 8.2.1 when I loaded the RT.

So this means that I don't need FPGA in order for me to use the controller? Thank for clarification..

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(2,722 Views)