From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-9751 Open Circuit Fault

I have an NI-9751 driver powered by a cRIO-9064 (compatible, contrary to platform compatibility in manual) running a solenoid diesel injector. I'm using the example LabVIEW project "NI 9751 (DI) - RevF5.lvproj". I can identify the driver and toggle the internal high-voltage but when I go to fire it in a single shot the "OpenCircuit" fault occurs. I've triple checked the wiring and it is all connected properly according to the manual.

I've attached a screenshot of the front panel.

Any ideas of what could be causing this problem?

Thanks,

Cole Merkel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,575 Views)

Hi MerkShock,

Is this the first time you are seeing this behavior? Do other examples work correctly? What physical behavior do you see when this fault occurs?

As you may be aware, this module and its examples were created by a third-party company and acquired by NI in the recent years. It may be more beneficial for you to reach out to their technical support with your questions, as they will be more familiar with these specific examples and the device behavior: technologysolutions@lhpes.com

Also, the Platform Compatibility section indicates that this module is compatible with cRIOs, 9064 included. It specifies some legacy cRIOs as working only under certain conditions. 

Hope this helps!

Erika
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,529 Views)

I have seen nothing but this behaviour since I acquired the equipment, and no examples/modifications have had any difference. I have been in contact with LHP recently and they have been helpful in helping me out, to the point where it's working. 

The problem was that the battery voltage (set at 12 volts) was too low to hold the injector open, and the current of 1.5 amps was never reached. This is the current threshold below which causes the OpenCircuit error. I increased my power supply voltage to 14 volts, the injector pulsed and the OpenCircuit error was cleared. 

Thank you for the reply Erika, I appreciate it!

Cole

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,523 Views)