Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9237 FPGA in VeriStand

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a 9237-bridge amp in a crio 9049 RT running VeriStand with a custom FPGA.  I have set the 9237 Cal Mode to Calibrated and have a 10V external Excitation.  Using a pressure simulator box we are able to set the mv/V sent to the 9237, so 1mV/V setting shows 10mV going into the AI of the 9237 card, and 10mV/V shows 100mV going into the 9237 card, read from a multimeter. The VeriStand application is reporting 10x less than the multimeter.  I can still scale it in VeriStand to the correct pressure, but don’t understand why the 9237 is reporting a 10x factor less than the multimeter.  I would expect the 9237 card to report the same as the multimeter.  Any clarification or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(720 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author joshe

My understanding is that the 9237 returns the V/V value instead of the absolute value measured. In this case, since there is 10V excitation and 100mV at the input, this translates into 100mV/10V or 10mV/V and hence you read 0.01 from 9237

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(697 Views)