cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9213 acquire CJC data in Scan interface mode

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I would like to ask if is somehow possible to acquire CJC sensor data (either voltage or temperature) of NI 9213 card using cRIO (9076) in scan interface mod or I have to develop my application in FPGA mode?

The purpose why I do need CJC data is that I am using L type thermocouple which is not supported by the card and therefore I need to have thermocouple voltage and CJC temperature to be able to compute measured temperature.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,828 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lubos

Hello,

The only way you can do that is developing the application in FPGA mode.

Why don't you use another type of termocouple?

Kind regards,

Ion R.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,813 Views)

Hello, 

thanks, I was worried of that.

I need L temrmocouple, because I am developing app for measuring with 120 thermocouples and the company already own these old type of thermocouples.

Thanks for reply again.

Best regards

Lubos

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,811 Views)

So, when I want to measure higher temperatures >2000°C, I am forced to use FPGA???

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,309 Views)

I don't know the answer to your question but if you had an extra channel, could you maybe short it out? That should get you the local temperature right?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,304 Views)

Yes, measuring the local temperature and converting the voltage from the Type C couple seems to be the only way. But it introduces also additional error sources. Instead NI could have just implemented also the other thermocouple types. It would have been so much easier to do it on their side. Apparently the demand is not that high...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,301 Views)