From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 3110 RT

Hi

I have installed a NI 3110 RT on a machine, im having some trouble to make ethernet ping to this device from my PC. I connected a screen and a keyboard to access configuration and saw that the assigned IP for NI 3110 RT is 192.168.3.21/24 (tried with all of them but same result), setting my laptop to ip:192.168.3.54 tried to make ping but without getting any response.

i want to know if there is anything else a I could try to check Ethernet communication, this equipment is connected to a hub shared with a PLC also, connecting to the hub and making ping to the plc works but not with the NI 3110. Also i tried connecting directly by LAN port 1 and 2 of the device but without any response.

By the way i dont have the NI max software, do you think i need this to make an extra step or configuration.

The device seems to be working properly compared to other machines status that are exactly the same in other plants but i cannot make ping to this one.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,023 Views)

Hey Gilz,

Do you know if the OS and software are installed on the target?  As long as you have seen that it has an IP Address then you should be able to ping it.  You will most likely want to connect it directly to a PC and ping it from there as well as get a Wireshark to see what the network traffic from the host computer is looking like.

Ideally you would have NI System Configuration which would install NI Max for you so you could work with the IC in case you need to download new software.  Really depends on if it is being deployed or developed with.

If you do go the Wireshark route, I would recommend opening a Service Request with NI.  If it looks like there is clear ocmmunication then something would be wrong with the IC.  You may see though that some traffic is just being blocked on the network or the Hub.

-Bear

Regards,

Ben Johnson
ʕง•ᴥ•ʔง
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,985 Views)

Hi Bear

I already tried ping connecting directly through tha IC ethernet ports (LAN #1 & #2) and to my personal computer, but having the same results. Also right now i have the NI MAX software, i will check what you suggest and see what happens

Thanks for your support

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,980 Views)