Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My FPGA project doesn't want to recognize te module NI 9870. Why?

Hi Julie,

Sorry I missed your last post with the screenshots. Like I mentioned, you need to open just one reference to the FPGA that's running. You can then wire the reference to different nodes. Hope that helps!

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 28
(2,032 Views)

Hi

I decided to start a new project where I just try to run the example for NI9870. Here is the problem it tells I have when I compile the host:

"Failed to download 900x 9870 Interrupt Config " (one of the subVI)

Any idea?

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 28
(2,013 Views)

I don't know what software is needed to use the 9870, but here are a few guesses, which means that I could be totally wrong.

Are you using a 9002 or 9004 controller?  Does anybody know if the 9870 host VIs are supported by those two controllers? Is the Serial software installed on the controller?

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 28
(2,004 Views)

I am using a 9014 controller. I guess the software is supported, I have everything which is required there:http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/72858E9FE36630B586257458005CF420?OpenDocument

The Serial software is normally installed on the controller as well (NI Serial Version 3.3.0).

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 28
(1,996 Views)

Hi everybody!

I am still stuck on my problem.Is there someone who can help me?

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 28
(1,981 Views)

Hi Julie,

I apologize; I was out of office for the past two days teaching a course. Let's start from scratch here and work our way up. I understand that you have LabVIEW 8.5, LabVIEW FPGA 8.5, NI-RIO and NI-Serial 3.3. You have installed the software that was mentioned in the KB article that I linked. You have a cRIO 9014 and NI 9870 module. I have some questions for you.

1) Are you able to deploy and run a simple real time VI on that controller? Just create a simple program with a while loop and and an indicator for the iteration terminal. Also, do you get any problems when you run the FPGA VI by itself?

2) Are the other modules in the cRIO working fine? More specifically, are you able to run a real time VI that talks to the other modules?

3) Did you run the Serial Loopback DMA (Host).vi in the RT CompactRIO 901X part? Do you get the same issue?

Adnan Zafar
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 28
(1,976 Views)

Hi

Let's reply step by step!

1) I can run simple VI on my target (file PB2); I attached a screen of it (the LED is green). When I try to run the host of the example, it doesn't work but there is no error in the FPGA VI (runs).

2) I can run VIs on my other modules

3) I tried the DMA as well, there is a problem (file PB-DMA)

Other question: is it normal that I don't have a folder "mod3" (correspond to the NI9870)? file "PB"

file "PB3" is one error I try to run the Host for the Interrupt.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 28
(1,967 Views)

Hi Julie,

Looking at the screenshots, it doesn't seem like you are configuring it right. Is it possible for you to call us in? You can call +44-1635-523545 and refer to number 695518.

Adnan Zafar
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 28
(1,945 Views)