Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My FPGA project doesn't want to recognize te module NI 9870. Why?

Everything is in the title! Anyway, FPGA recognizes the other modules (3 NI9211 and 2 NI9215).

Thanks if you can help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 28
(4,521 Views)
Julie, I have not used this module, but do you have NI serial installed on your controller?
SteveA
CLD

-------------------------------------
FPGA/RT/PDA/TP/DSC
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 28
(4,518 Views)
How do I know if it's installed? Normally, I installed all the softwareon the controller (LabVIEW RT, FPGA, etc.). I forgot to precise that I use a compactRIO.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 28
(4,516 Views)
Ok, I found the file NI Serial, so I guess it's installed.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 28
(4,514 Views)

I reinstalled the stuff on the controller, included the NI Serial 3.3. It still doesn't work. Do you think that it can come from the fact that nothing is connected yet to the module?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 28
(4,512 Views)

What message do you get when you try to discover your modules? The module is just not found or do you get an error?

In any case, do you have the right version of LabVIEW and NI-RIO? You can find that information here:

ftp://ftp.ni.com/pub/devzone/tut/crio_software_versions.htm

According to it, you need LV 8.5 and NI-RIO 3.0 to be able to use the module.

JMota

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 28
(4,510 Views)

Unfortunately, I already check this link. I don't get an error, and when I launch the Troubleshouting wizard, it tells me to launch the "add new hardware wizard" etc. It is in the discovery status that I see the problem, when I try to do a new FPGA. It replies me that there is a problem of version, but I have the good ones! Do you think I could have had a problem during the installation?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 28
(4,508 Views)

Hi Julie,

What version of software do you have installed in your system? I am more interested in the versions of LabVIEW, NI-RIO, NI-Serial. Have a look at the following knowledge base article:

Required Software for NI-987x Module for cRIO

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 28
(4,475 Views)

Hi

Thanks, that was useful!

Bye

Julie

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 28
(4,471 Views)
Julie, were you able to get it working?   Was it a software version problem?
SteveA
CLD

FPGA/RT/PDA/TP/DSC
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 28
(4,454 Views)