From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More than 100kS/s with cRio FPGA

Hello,

I am using a cRio 9076 System with 4 modules. I'm using two AI modules aof the C-Series, the NI 9223 and the NI 9215.

I want to read the values of all 4 ports of the NI 9223 with 350kS/s with a VI at the FPGA (FPGA.VI) and write it to a DMA FITO , this should be possible with the IO-Node operation.

1. If I read the DMA FIFO with the VI at the real time target (RT main.VI-->nnection to the cRio is losed after a time of reading the samples. A window with the message "waiting for response of the target system" appears.

This happens only with a sampling time lower than t=10us. I aquire the samples in Aquire Data.VI and save them into a tdms file on the cRio.

2. If I run the RT Main.VI to read the samples out of the DMA FIFO(RTMain.VI -> Acquisition and Logging.VI -> Aquire and Log Data.VI -> Aquire Data.VI), it reads samples all the time, even if the FPAG.VI don't run. Where did the RT Main.Vi gets the values of the samples, i'm a little confused. Even if the samples are saved at the buffer on ther RT side, after a time it has to be empty?

I've attached the project with the VI's in Zip File. Does anyone have an idea for the first point? I think there is a problem on the real time VI's (Aquire Data.VI), but I don't know whats the problem is.

Thank for your help,

With best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,998 Views)

Hi Sebastian,

to possibly solve the connection issue, please have a look at

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Real-Time-Measurement-and/Frequent-disconnections-between-cRIO-9024-and-host...

and the firewall settings:

Configuring LabVIEW, LabVIEW DSC and Lookout to Work With the Windows Firewall: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0D7B86F4B4D19A5E86256F9A006EECB1?OpenDocument

Best regards

Suse

(4,949 Views)