From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matlab labview dll

Hello
I have build a model Matlab Simulink. I transfer this model in Labview with the DLL and Real-Time. Matlab indicates me the construction is achieved with success. But when I want to open the model with Labview, I have a message of error 14153 that follows : (Simulation Interface Toolkit: The model VI that you downloaded to the RT target contains errors. Possible reasons for this include missing model DLLs on the RT target.)
I use Matlab 6.5 and Labview 7.0.
Someone could help me ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,164 Views)
Hello,

When you translate your simulink model to DLLs Labview generates a directory with a bunch of VIs and in a subdirectory the DLL.
If you use an RT target you have to download the DLL on the target before trying to execute your code.

Here are the steps :

Simulink translation to Labview DLL
Copy of the DLL in a directory on the RT target (with FTP)
Start Labview with RT target
Start your application : Labview will then download all the VIs but not the DLL (unless there is an option I dont know about).

If It does not work check for the path (Path sent to SIT initialize model) of the DLL on the target.

Hope it helped as I did the same mistake the first time.

Bye,
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,153 Views)
If you are going to run your LabVIEW VIs on the RT system, you will need to FTP the model.dll over to the RT system. You should put the DLL in the c:\system folder of the RT controller. Remember if you make changes to your model and rebuild the DLL you will need to copy the new DLL over to the controller.

Regards,
Joseph D.
National Instruments
Message 3 of 5
(5,150 Views)
Hello
Thank you for your answer
I tried to copy my model.dll in the index c/window/system32 but unfortunately that doesn't always function.
Do you have another solution to propose me?
I use windows XP in French Matlab and Labview in English and Visual C++ in German. It can put him of the problems.

Thank you
Dubuis Didier
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,130 Views)
Sorry for the confusion I must have had a typo in the last post. You should ftp the dll from your host machine to your RT system. Open an FTP session and target ftp://ipaddressofrtsystem Then copy the dll to the ni-rt\system folder on the RT system. This error can also be caused by your connection being denied to the RT system, or something wrong in the model.dll itself.

Please refer to the link below for more information about this error.

Why Do I Get Error 14153 When I Run a Simulation Interface Toolkit in LabVIEW Real-Time?

Regards,
Joseph D.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,116 Views)