Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading and Running Bitfile NI USB-7845R OEM On Linux

I would like to use this DAQ on a Linux box however, everything works except I have no resource name. I can see the device on lsni -v . I cannot rename it using nisyscfg python script, because the type only shows up as sysconfig. So there are no clear next steps.

I've tried it on:

- RH9

- Ubuntu 22.04

- RH8

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(941 Views)

You don't say what drivers you have installed. The hardware compatibility page states you need to install the 2022Q4 Device Drivers for RHEL 9 and Ubuntu 22.04.

David C
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(935 Views)

2022 Q4, 2023 Q1, and 2020 (RHEL8), using the equivalent >> sudo dnf install ni-rseries; sudo dkms autoinstall

On each OS with a fresh OS install between each version.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(910 Views)

Try to use the Hardware Configuration Utility for Linux, which provides similar graphical configuration functionality in Linux OS.

See Unable to Locate NI MAX on My Linux OS Based System

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(883 Views)

That would be a nice solution but for some reason, they are not supported in that utility:

Hardware Configuration Utility [Unsupported Devices] 

R Series and MXI-eRIO

These devices are not supported in Hardware Configuration Utility.

However, the device is listed as supported by the operating system. So I figure there must be a way to make them work without it.

I've also tried this as well and it indeed is listed as an unsupported unnamed device.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(828 Views)

I do want to note that the device I'm using is listed as supported hardware for the Operating systems I was looking at:
NI Hardware and Software Operating System Compatibility - NI

So, there must be some reason for that right?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(816 Views)