Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linear Interpolation of data

Hi,

I am using cRIO 9073  to collect data from a heat flux plate. Once in every 5 min this data is accessed by the windows host VI via network shared variable and logged to database. The heat flux plate should be calibrated once in 6 hours and it takes nearly 20 minutes. I want to discard the data during these 20 minutes and replace it with the data obtained by linear interpolation and store it to the database. For linear interpolation I want to use 100 data points generated just before the calibration started.

Could someone suggest a clever way of doing this.

Thanks

Mukunda

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,985 Views)

Hey Mukunda, 

Can we grab a little more information from you?

How are you notifying your program that you are in calibration mode? Is this through a button control? A timer? Or some other form of triggering?

Also, how are you storing the past 100 points for your linear interpolation? Are you using a buffer? Queue? Array? If using an array, this could be a beneficial function to use: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361K-01/glang/interpolate_1d_array/

What version of LabVIEW are you running? And what RIO drivers do you have installed?

Douglas Choisnet
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,951 Views)

HI Douglas

Thanks for the reply. I have decided to change the approach. So I will not be doing the interpolation in Labview but it will be done later in excel after collecting the data.

Cheers

Mukunda

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,906 Views)