From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Library creation failed on Deploy of PPL

Has anyone seen an error like this before?

Untitled.png

I was testing out the possibility of using PPLs on my RT deployment and I got it stuck somehow where it won't deploy it anymore.  I have one project with my PPL source, which builds into a PPL for my specific target.  This build works fine.  I then copied the LVLIBP file to another place and make a new project calling it.  This project has a VI that calls one VI from my PPL.  Whenever I run the VI I get this error of Library Creation Failed.  I tried rebooting the controller, restarting LabVIEW, rebuilding the PPL, and rebuilding it with a new name and nothing seems to work.  This is in 2018 SP1 F3 32-bit, host is Windows 7 x64. 

The deployment worked successfully once but won't work again.  Also if I just make a simple VI that doesn't call that PPL it deploys fine.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,214 Views)

Hooovahh,

I've got a few questions for you on this issue.

1. What target are you deploying to? It looks like you may be deploying to an RT cDAQ. What model of controller are you deploying to?

2. Are you using any malleable VI's in your PPL? There is a CAR that looks very similar to this with PPLs that contain malleable VIs.

3. Does this error happen with any PPL you try to deploy? Even a simple one with a single VI in it?

C. Weeks
Product Support Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,174 Views)

Target is a cDAQ-9136 Linux RT on x86.

No Malleable VIs in the PPL.  It may have had code in the PPL, that called VIMs outside of the PPL.

A simple PPL worked fine.  I also was able to build the PPL in 2017, then deploy it in 2018 without any issue.  But if the PPL was built in 2018 it wouldn't deploy in 2018.  I had a separate project for building the PPL.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,171 Views)

My team was running into this error in 2022x64 deploying to RT and we were also able to narrow it down to inlined VIs that call VIs that get pulled into PPLs as non-exported members failing with this error. This means any inlined VI being built into a PPL that calls things from VI.lib, calling a private VI in the library, or a VI calling an inlined VI from an external library that has other subVI calls in its block diagram, seem to all run into this issue.

For an example, we were using Actor Framework as a PPL and turns out the message send VIs are inlined and call the enqueue VI from the privately scoped Priority Queue class in the AF library. The Priority Queue is not exported which then trickles down to deployment issues via the attempted inlined access via message send VIs. We also had some other utility libraries with some VIs inlined causing this issue as well. Of course the deployment progress window doesn't display the error near the culprits either and we spent quite a bit of time root causing this failure. For our fixes we removed the usage of some of those utility VIs and made the Priority Queue public in our AF PPL so it would be exported.

~ The wizard formerly known as DerrickB ~
Gradatim Ferociter
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(417 Views)